Between Strada Garibaldi and Strada Cavour, we find the Palazzo della Riserva.
This palace is an important eighteenth-century building, commissioned by Duke Ranuccio II Farnese, who started the construction starting from 1673.
In 1750 it was completely renovated by Filippo di Borbone, with the intention of changing the organization of the city ducal residences, creating the two Louis XV style facades.
It was completed in 1766 by the will of Duke Ferdinando who commissioned the famous architect Ennemond Petitot to restructure a large part of the noble floor and to redesign the west facade with the neoclassical forms that the palace still retains today.
Currently part of the wing of the building is the seat of the Glauco Lombardi museum, which collects historical and artistic testimonies on Maria Luigia of Habsburg and Napoleon Bonaparte.
Palazzo delle Poste is a beautiful Art Nouveau building, located on one side of the Palazzo di Riserva.
It was built in 1905 by the architect Modanno Chiavelli, to house the post office, in the area once occupied by the Ducal Theater.
Even today this imposing building houses the headquarters of the most important Italian shipping courier.
Palazzo Dalla Rosa PratiNext to the Duomo and the Baptistery, we also find a prestigious noble palace. It was built in the forms it still presents in the second half of the 18th century, with the characteristic facade balcony with wrought iron balustrade, the courtyard with arches and the vast main floor room probably painted by Benigno Bossi.
Continuing in the street that is interposed between the Duomo and the Baptistery, we meet the Major Seminary, ancient seat of the Chapter of the Cathedral of Parma.
It was originally built in 877 at the behest of Bishop Guibodo, but was completely rebuilt in Renaissance style in 1514 to a design by Gianfranco Ferrari d'Agrate.
In 1563 it became the seat of the diocesan seminary of Parma and towards the end of the XIX century it was totally transformed and enlarged.